Friday, September 6, 2013

I Am Finally In Cartagena Colombia

I arrived Wednesday night late and by the time I went through customs and found ALL my luggage we arrived at the condo around 11:30pm.

The flight was long but for the most part uneventful.

Funny thing that happened was while in Panama City waiting for my flight to Cartagena I found a quiet place to sit at the gate.  I remember Robert telling me to watch my luggage at all times so I had my rolling carry on bag next to me and my purse at my feet in front of me.  I had my drink and cell phone sitting on the top of my suitcase so I could check the time.  I was just people watching and next thing you know I see a baby about 18 to 24 months run by and she is carrying a cell phone.  I look closely and think ...wow her Mom's cell phone case looks like mine!  Next I see the Mom chasing the baby and she grabs the cell phone away and begins to walk towards me..

THE BABY STOLE MY PHONE AND I NEVER HEARD HER!!!!!!

The Mom was so sweet and in her broken English said how sorry she was.  The baby just smiled!

Then I decided to go to the restroom before I boarded the plane (I hate airplane bathrooms) and as I am walking up to the one with the lady with a dress on.. a man in a wheelchair goes in the women's restroom.  I stopped, looked again to make sure it was a dress..it was!  Then I hear someone say "this is a women's restroom" and the man responded "I have a disability"  not sure what that has to do with it.  I waited for him to come out needless to say.

Finally, as we were about to board our plane... a lady standing next to me asked if I had come from the Houston flight.  I said yes and we talked a few minutes about why she was going to Cartagena.  Turns out she was going to the Hilton and since Robert had just spent 6 weeks there I was able to tell her some things about it.

Now if you are wondering why I am telling you all this there is a reason, I promise!

When we got up Thursday morning and were having coffee... Robert asked again about my flight.  I told him all of the above.  All three stories I just told you.

Today as we are out exploring the city of Cartagena , which by the way has millions of people who live here, we had lunch at the Hilton and ran into the lady from Houston.  While leaving the grocery store we saw the "BABY Cell Phone Thief" and her Mommy and right as we turned the corner to come back to our condo that evening the guy in the wheelchair was driving his wheelchair down the sidewalk.

Now if that isn't strange I don't know what is.  These are the three things I told Robert about and we run in to all these people today?????   Crazy I tell you and had I not already told Robert these stories I don't think he would have believed me.  When we saw the wheelchair guy Robert said he knew it was time to go home because at that rate I was probably going to start seeing strangers from the plane I was on...LOL!!!!

Today I have been busy unpacking and resting.  Colombia is as beautiful as I had thought it would be and I am so happy to finally be here.

I didn't bring by good camera yesterday but plan on doing some exploring on Sunday so hopefully I will have some good pictures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment